Vanasiri Natural Tooth Powder
This product uses Areca nuts, also known as Betel Nut or supari, as a base ingredient. Widely grown in India, Bangladesh, Sri lanka, Philippines and Japan, the chewing traditions of Areca nuts date back to the 1st century AD. Sanskrit medical writings claimed that the Areca nut possesses multiple qualities. It is pungent, bitter, spicy, sweet, salty, and astringent. According to ancient texts, the benefits of Areca nuts include removing phlegm, subduing bad odours, purifying the mouth, and kindling passion.
Vanasiri Natural Tooth Powder is hygienically hand-made by local women of Arekere Sangha, Tumkur (Karnataka) and strengthens gums and protects teeth from decay.
We acknowledge the collective efforts of Bhagyamma, Nusrath, Bhagyamma D., Ranukamma and Parventaj for co-creating and hand crafting the recipe.
- Thoroughly cleans teeth and mouth region
- Keeps gums healthy
- Heals minor cuts in inner cheek and jaw region
- Anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties
- Safe for children, pregnant women, lactating mothers and elderly people
- By using this product, you contribute to continued livelihood for small scale industries
- By using this product, you contribute to continued traditional farming practices that save water